Monday, July 1, 2013

July Currently & What I've Learned....

I'm linking up with Farley for the July Currently!  I've learned a ton of stuff in the month since I started blogging. 
  • Pictures are a must!  I'll try to upload at least one with each post.  Otherwise pinning to Pinterest isn't very exciting.
  • A "linky" party... where you link to other websites and follow their instructions to participate along with others to answer questions etc.  (Had to learn how to do this through a lot of trial and error - sorry to anyone I may have bothered while trying this on my own!)
  • I need to learn HTML....
  • You should post to other blogs to get yourself out there.  People aren't just going to "happen" across your blog.  Be LOUD! :)
Thanks to those of you who've stopped by and read some.  I'd love to hear from you with your comments and suggestions to make Mission: Math better!



LISTENING - I'm at an IB Conference in Keystone, CO right now and it's awesome.  Don't you get so excited and motivated when you go to something like this (like the NCTM this year in Denver - fantastic!!)?  I've just started and hope to learn how to effectively implement IB and the Common Core together.
LOVING - These mountains are beautiful.  It makes me want to go check on our trailer that's been sitting in storage since we moved to CO.  I wonder how many rodents have made my trailer their home...
THINKING - Alaska is quickly approaching!  I'm so excited for this family vacation and to see a place I've never been to.  We're cruising up and then spending an extra week.  No math allowed!
WANTING - I need more summer.  Four weeks have gone by so quickly and by the time I get back from vacation I'll only have about two weeks before I have to go back.  I'm not ready!
NEEDING - I want to create a craft supply box for each table grouping in my classroom.  I tried taking a Blue Moon box (my husband was really happy) and covering it with duct tape, but I don't know if I like the way it looks.  I've see painted and glued cans as well, but I don't know...  No need to break the bank here! 

Happy July everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jody!
    I found you on the July Currently Linky! Alaska sounds amazing! I have never been there but have heard it is gorgeous! I agree that I am wanting more summer! It always seems to fly by and I never seem to get everything I had planned accomplished! Have a great vacation!!!
    Your newest follower,
    Jamie
    www.Kindergartenfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I'm so excited to go. I hope you can fit in some more time somewhere. I'll go check out your blog soon. Kindergarten... really? You're very brave!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jody,
    I finally linked up with the July currently linky and your blog name caught my eye! I am all about teaching math. I can't wait to poke around your blog and check things out!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara! I hope you'll stick around and keep checking back. I'm new to blogging but have so many ideas and would love feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jody! I found your blog thanks to Farley's linky. Alaska sounds amazing!!!! (And also probably a lot cooler than NC...) I'm headed on vacation too in a couple of weeks...I love Summertime and the chance to relax! I love that I found this blog because although I'm not quite a teacher yet (but hopefully in the next week I will be...!), I'm hoping to land a job in middle school -- student teaching helped me decide that I want to be "in the middle", so I'm loving checking out all of these middle school blogs. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you here :)

    Emily
    The Absolutely True Blog of an Almost Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I hope that there are things you can take from my blog to help you. Good luck with the teacher search. I love middle school and wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

      Delete
  4. oOO that's a good idea with the name cards! I teach high school students and we jokingly make them hand a shoe, phone, ipod or jumper over in return for borrowing a calculator! Was always funny with a pile of left shoes or pairs of shoes at the front. Knowing some of our kids, they couldn't remember their diary let alone a name card! lol

    ohhh it makes me miss Primary School teaching! The cuteness of it all :)

    Liz - BaysideMathTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog on the July Linky! I would love to go to Alaska! Enjoy your trip!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! Leaving tomorrow and SOOOO excited! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete