Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Currently

Wowzers - it's August!  I can't believe how summer goes by so quickly.  I'm linking up with Farley for the August Currently today.  Hooray!!  I got it done by August 2nd - that might be a record :).


Listening:  I love quiet mornings.  Having two teens and a tween, I get a lot of time because they love to sleep in.  Even hubby does!  It's great and I get time to go through blogs and do my own reading (and ok…, I clean some too).

Loving:  I can't believe it, but so far, so good with the Air Force retirement!  Hubby isn't driving me crazy and is even going to start some projects around the house now that he's had some time off.  This weekend - building new cabinets for my laundry room.

Thinking:  Does your mind ever turn off?  I am constantly thinking about implementing math workshop and the curriculum planning that my 8th grade math team has been doing to get it all sorted out.  We hope to have the first quarter done an printed in the next three weeks!  I'm also spending a lot of time scrolling through Pinterest :).

Wanting:  A break from the rain!  Its rained almost every day in the afternoon/evening for the last two weeks.  We have amusement park season passes (water park included) and would love to be able to use them!  Or at least go on a hike...

Needing:  I just got my new Team Beachbody PiYo workout DVDs in the mail yesterday.  They are supposed to be low-impact, but high intensity and short enough (20 - 40 mins) that I can do them in the morning before getting ready (hello 5 am!).  I need to get going on them.  The box has been opened, at least…

1st Day:  Only 11 days left for me - need to get moving!!  Elementary and sixth/ninth grade start on the 18th (my youngest's first day of middle school) and all the rest on the 19th (that's the older two).

4 comments:

  1. I miss planning math activities! I envy those that get to create stuff and use them with their classes. I love being a Tech coordinator, but I really do miss the classroom.
    I need to check into the PiYo workout - low-impact, high intensity seems right up my alley! But it is SO HARD to wake up early and workout!

    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie - I know! Once I get up and do it, I know I'll feel great. It's just that getting out of bed part… :)

      Delete
  2. I'm must be nice to have that time alone in the morning. I went to the gym early and when I got home at 5:30 my 5yr old was up and waiting for me:/ That kid just doesn't understand he can sleep in during the summer.

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you. I really need to start working out again.

    Meagan
    Oodles of Teaching Fun

    ReplyDelete