Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2014 Currently

Oh man… it's June!!  More to come on how quickly that happened, but for now, I'm linking up with Farley for the June Currently.



Listening - I love spring.  I love to hear the birds in the morning that let me know that the school year is soon coming to an end.  I especially love it because it means that I get some quiet time for breakfast and then play time with the kiddos.

Loving - Did I say 2 days?  Now it's just 1!!  So excited to be done, but already planning for the next year…

Thinking - I need to stop for a bit and just enjoy being me and a mom.  It's too easy to jump into all of the "what if I..." and "why don't we try's…".  I know it will get done, but I need to pull away and just take some time to relax, recuperate, and do some fun summertime things with my own kids.

Wanting - More time!  Already my summer looks packed.  I just want about 4 more weeks to play!

Needing - I need to go to the store.  We're out of cereal and the end of the year is soooooooo busy.  No one's going to starve, but I may have some rebellious family members if I don't get some key items soon :).

Summer Bucket List:
  1. Sometimes I think I get mired down in a lot of little details.  I need to take some time and focus on me and my family for a bit this summer.  One of my priorities is to make time for exercise, which will probably have to be early morning to allow for the "enjoy my kids" part.  During summertime my kiddos tend to sleep late, so I can make that exercise/clean/plan time.  Then, I want to make doing fun things with them a priority, rather than the exception.  I can handle a messy room….., I can!
  2. This year marks my husband's 20th and final year in the Air Force.  He's retiring in July, which means I have to plan a party!  This will be both stressful and fun, but after that, he's totally ours for a bit (before figuring out what he really wants to do when he grows up).  We are going to make the most of it with trips to the amusement park, hiking, swimming, etc, before the rest of us have to go back to school.
  3. Math Workshop - I did a lot of reading about this last summer, but never really got my feet off the ground.  I know it takes a lot of pre-planning and so I pitched it to all of the 8th grade math department and everyone is on board.  So…. that means there's no way out and we have to get going.  Although this takes a lot of time, I'm going to try to balance this with #1 and #2 on the list.  Makes for a full summer!!!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Only two more days left. :) I hope you have a great summer! Try to enjoy it and don't spend all of it thinking about teaching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about planning for next year. Def take some time for yourself! We don't realize how worn out we get!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete