Saturday, September 14, 2013

September Currently

Where has time gone???  It seems like I was just enjoying my summer and now I'm deeply entrenched into school, curriculum planning, and evening activities with my kids.  Summer went by too quickly!  I have so much to update, but thought I'd start with the late September Currently (go to Farley's page to see ALL of them).


Listening - Will the laundry ever get done??  I'm so good at washing and folding… then we end up just picking out of piles since they make it to the rooms but not put away.  Anyone with me on this??

Loving - With all the rains lately in Colorado, soccer fields are completely saturated.  Although I don't necessarily enjoy Sunday make-up games, it's nice to have a Saturday off from getting up early and shuffling the kids to their teams.  Not that I don't enjoy watching them - I do - but I was excited to not "have" to get out of bed today!

Thinking - This was really random, but it's fall and I'd love to go out and get a tall salted caramel mocha… :)  Just need to get off the computer, dry my hair, and talk hubby into going!

Wanting  - To finish grading the first tests of the year and update curriculum, but have to find the motivation to do so.  Maybe that coffee will help!

Needing - I don't know about you, but I eat great for breakfast and lunch, mostly because I pack them for school.  Once I get home, though, between soccer, dance, scouts, music lessons, theater, and all other activities, it seems like we're just a grab-and-go family.  I would love for dinner to be ready when I get home!

On that note… - I need to plan dinners better.  I want to find something fun to do with the kiddos this weekend (UNO anyone??).  I need to remember to take time for me!

Happy Fall!

2 comments:

  1. I just read your post and thought how similar some of our wants are. I want to do some great things my kiddo too! I also don't know where to find time for myself. I guess these are not just CURRENTLYS for us as mothers and teachers, they might be ALWAYS! I hope you are enjoying your weekend! I am taking a few quiet moments to myself to post and read a few posts too while my daughter is out walking the dogs with my hubby!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ms. M from Teaching Is a Gift and I sure hope our "Currently" doesn't turn into an "Always!" To help with planning dinners, my boyfriend and I pick 5-7 meals from our recipe collection (or using the internet) to make the following week. We write them on a dry erase board in our kitchen so we know what options are available. I like this strategy better than planning down to the day because I never really know what I'll feel like eating until an hour or so before the meal ;) but I do know that I want the ingredients to be ready and the prep to be quick/easy. We meal plan and grocery shop for 1-2 weeks on a Sunday or Saturday... I'm sure it's not the simplest way to get things done but it allows me to be prepared without "committing" to what I'm going to eat!

    Feel free to spread the word about my blog www.adventureswithabainas.blogspot.com for resources, DIY projects, and freebies from the front lines of a classroom for elementary students with autism!

    Kortnie C.

    ReplyDelete